Prescott Farmers Market
The Prescott Farmers Market supports and fosters local agriculture by providing a direct market for producers, providing consumers an opportunity to purchase locally produced agricultural goods, and educating the community about the importance of local agriculture.
Statement of Purpose:
- To give agricultural producers of Yavapai County and Arizona alternative marketing opportunities that help them to sustain their local, family businesses;
- To serve as a business incubator by giving producers an opportunity to test and refine their products and marketing skills with minimal investment;
- To build community by bringing farmers and urban consumers together to deal directly with each other, allowing them to trust, know and learn from one another;
- To improve the variety, freshness, taste, and nutritional value of produce available in the Prescott area;
- To provide an educational forum for consumers to learn the uses and benefits of quality, locally grown and prepared food products;
- To support a clean environment through good agricultural practices, and which preserves open space, water, soil and biodiversity, and reduces fossil fuel use by minimizing the distance that food travels;
- To contribute to the local economy by keeping food dollars in the community;
- To enhance the quality of life in the greater Prescott area by providing a community activity that fosters social gathering and interaction;
- To ensure food security - by supporting local farms today, there will be farms in the community tomorrow and future generations will have access to nourishing, flavorful, and abundant food. We also accept EBT and most farmers accept WIC.
May 6, 2017 - October 28, 2017
Saturdays, 7:30AM - 12PM
Location: Yavapai College Parking Lot D - 1100 East Sheldon Street
November 11, 2017 - April 28, 2018
Saturdays, 10AM - 1PM
Location: YRMC Pendleton Center - 930 Division Street
The cats at Miss Kitty's Cat House LOVE the fresh CAT GRASS- see the pics here. Bonnie
We always love a market with fresh produce! Only wish it was larger.
A great selection of locally grown, hand made items from an assortment of small businesses; fresh produce, locally raised beef and pork, goat's milk products, pickles, cookies and breads, salsa and hot sauce and so much more!
Great fresh organic food. I love our farmers market. Recommend it to everyone
I go for specific items. The Goat Barn has fabulous lotions and the Far Away Farm Alpacas has beautiful Alpaca Yarns and knitted items. Bought many gifts at both vendors who are side by side.